- How do I sign up my son/daughter for Scouts?
There are several ways to do this:
- Call toll-free 1-888-Scouts-Now to be directed to the office closest to you. We will be pleased to refer you to the closest group in your area.
- Use the Find a Group feature on the homepage or in the side menu of this
page. Just enter your postal code for a listing of contacts for groups in your area.
. Please include the following information:
Your child’s name and age (Must be 5 years old or older)
Contact phone number
Street address, city and province.
Your email will be forwarded to your local Scouting office and someone will get back to you shortly.
- What are the costs to join Scouting?
Costs differ from group to group, so your local contact is the best one to advise you. You can expect to pay a basic fee to join, in addition to uniform costs. As the year progresses there may be extra costs associated with camping, special events, etc. Your child’s leader will advise you on these.
- What can my child expect when he/she joins?
Your local council office will be happy to assist you with any specific questions you may have. For basic information on our programs
- I want to learn about becoming a leader. What’s the process and what’s involved?
First, contact the local Scouting council office in your area. For a complete directory of Shining Waters Council,
You can also call 1-888-Scouts-Now, or email .
You will need to provide
- Three personal reference checks
- A “clean” Police Records Check (your council will have forms for this, or advise you on how to obtain this).
- You will undergo a Selection Interview.
If you are accepted as a volunteer, you will take training that will teach you what you need to know to become a great leader.
So You’re a New Leader will help you with some basic information on where to go for help, and the organization of Scouting in Canada.