Have you always wanted to make a real difference in the growth and development of youth across Canada? Are you energetic, organized; a natural leader who can work at the top level to support and lead hundreds of volunteers. Do you enjoy being part of a dynamic team?
You’re invited to submit your application for the volunteer position of:
Shining Waters Council
Serving the regions of York, Simcoe, Muskoka, Dufferin and Grey Bruce
Aim of Volunteer Involvement:
Scouts Canada is seeking a Volunteer to fulfill
the role of Council Treasurer to manage and monitor the Council’s
volunteer will work closely with Council Commissioner, the Finance
the external accountant to help develop and deliver the council
budget and monthly financial reports as required.
The Volunteer may also assist
with financially manage large program events at the Council level.
- Oversees financial operations of the Council
- Liaise with external accountant
- Identify opportunities to improve activities which will meet the needs and capabilities of individuals and of groups within Scouts Canada’s Policies & Procedures including Risk Management
- Report monthly on financial operations to the Council Executive Committee.
- Assist with preparing Council budget
position and organization through Scouts Canada and direct support by
Council Commissioner and Finance Staff is provided.
- An accounting designation or equivalent experience
- Can work well with others in a team setting
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and decision making skills
- Has proven ability to inspire confidence, team effort and leadership in others
- Expresses self clearly and in a professional manner
- Demonstrates a commitment to Scouting Mission, Principles and Practices through personal development and sound management practices
- Prior involvement with Scouts Canada or other like not-for-profit organization
- Access to a computer and proficient in Microsoft applications and email
Average 12-20 hours per month, potential 3-6 weekends per year.
The Council Commissioner annually appoints the Council Treasurer at an
appropriate Reporting Meeting of the Council for three (3) year term.
experience in building and working with committees
network on different levels and gain on the job experience
Help others and
contribute to the community and to the non-profit sector
Play a key role in
shaping the Council’s future
The degree of risk
is considered to be low but is to be accessed periodically for this
The inherent risks lie in the degree of isolation, access to property,
degree of physical demands and the degree of inherent risk.
Every attempt has been made to minimize the risk process but periodic
risk assessment is required.
interested, applicants are invited to send in a cover letter as
well as a Scouting resume, indicating relevant qualifications
for the Position.
Please send this to
, Council Commissioner.